INFORMATION ON PERSONAL DATA
As required under Art. 13 of the Italian Data Protection Code, Legislative Decree No. 196 of 30 June 2003,
LUIGI LAVAZZA S.p.A. informs that any personal data provided by you will be used in accordance with the above law, in compliance with the following criteria:
1) Purpose of Data Collection Collection, use and conservation of personal data will be carried out for the following purposes:
* prize contests;
* enrolment to the "communities" of users, promoted on Lavazza web sites;
* market and marketing analysis (subject to consent);
* data processing for statistical purposes (subject to consent);
* mailing of Lavazza advertising materials, newsletter, other promotional and commercial communication initiatives, also by e-mail, by mobile or by Mms (Multimedia Messaging Service) or SMS (Short Message Service) (subject to consent);
* contractual and commercial relationship;
* any other purposes, the person concerned has given his consent to.
2) Use of Data Processing and Conservation
Your data will be handled using appropriate tools and instruments to protect the security and privacy of personal data and access will be either manual or using electronic or automated memory means.
Handling of personal data will include all operations as indicated by law, and necessary to the treatment of personal data, including communication to parties, as mentioned in paragraph 4.
Some details may be subject to transmission via telecommunications networks, either using a local protected network or via the internet.
With regard to the latter the data will be subject to the standard security measures assured by the net.
The data will be processed by employees of Lavazza and/or premier companies authorised by Lavazza for data processing and conservation.
All personnel will be identified appropriately, trained, and aware of the restrictions imposed by Legislative Decree No. 196/2003.
3) Provision of Personal
Data Submission of personal data is not compulsory.
Nevertheless it can be necessary for the attainment of the above mentioned purposes (prize contests management; opening of contractual and commercial relationship; etc.).
In such case, without the provision of compulsory data, the pursuit of the above mentioned purposes will not be possible.
4) Communicating Personal Data
Personal data will not be communicated or released to third parties, with the exception of communication to companies in the Lavazza Group, as well as to other premier companies, which are authorised by Lavazza to the pursuit of purposes as indicated in paragraph 1.
5) Holder of Details
The official holder of the personal details is Luigi Lavazza S.p.A., legal HQ - Corso Novara 59, Turin, in the person of its pro-tempore legal representative.
6) Rights of the Interested Party
You are entitled to exercise your rights in relation to use of your personal data pursuant to Art. 7 of the Legislative Decree No. 196/2003, the full text of which is reproduced below. Art. 7 (Right of access to personal data and other rights)
1. The person concerned has the right to obtain confirmation of whether personal data concerning him or her exists or not - even though it may not have been recorded yet - and to have it communicated to him or her in an understandable form.
2. The person concerned is entitled to obtain information about:
a. the origin of his/her personal data;
b. the purposes and methods of its processing;
c. the logics applied in the event of processing being carried out using electronic instruments;
d. the identification details of the owner, of those responsible and the appointed representative as per Art. 5, Paragraph 2;
e. the people or categories of people to whom the data may be distributed or who may become aware of it in their capacity of designated representatives in any area of the country, officers or appointees.
3. The person concerned is entitled to obtain:
a. updates, corrections or, where interested therein, additions to the data;
b. the erasure, blocking, or transformation into an anonymous form of data which has been processed unlawfully, including data which does not need to be kept for the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently processed;
c. a declaration that the operations referred to in letters a) and b) above have been made known, even with regards to their content, to those people to whom the data has been communicated or distributed, except in the case where compliance with this is found to be impossible or involves the use of means that are manifestly out of proportion compared to the right being safeguarded.
4. The person concerned has the right to object, entirely or in part:
a. for legitimate reasons, the processing of personal data regarding him/her, even if it may be relevant to the aims of the data collection; the processing of personal data regarding him/her for the purposes of sending publicity or direct sales material or for carrying out market research or commercial communications.
7) Terms and conditions
Any actions and activities involving inclusion or references to any of the following material on web pages or any other interactive contexts provided by Lavazza are absolutely prohibited.
If viewed, it may cause your membership to be cancelled immediately and/or your posts and photographs to be deleted:
* Obscene sexual or pornographic material
* Material that infringes copyrights, in particular pirate software, music files, pictures, videos, or text protected by copyright
* Material which is offensive or defamatory to any person, including expressions of fanaticism, racism, hate, irreverence or threat
* Material which promotes or provides information containing instructions about illegal activities or activities which may cause harm to others
* Software, information or any other material containing viruses or damaging components
* Material unsuitable for children under the age of 18
* Advertising or sponsorships against payment
* Material or activities which breach or incite to breach any provision of law or regulation aimed at protecting private individuals or a legitimate rule enforced by the public authority.
Although under no obligation to check the content placed in its web pages, Lavazza reserves the right to change them at any time and without prior notice.
This is to ensure compliance to the terms and conditions under which the service is used, to detect any violation, even only presumed, of third-party rights, the liability of users following complaints made also by private individuals and the right of taking any necessary measures, including any suspension or interruption of the service.
Should Lavazza discover anything that might be considered an offence, it will inform the competent authorities.
Members of Lavazza will need to sign a royalty-free licence to use, copy, change, transmit and distribute to the public any web pages sent to them for the sole purpose of hosting the content published by users and hosting marketing and promotional campaigns. The content shall remain the property of users, who have full rights to delete or dispose of it at any time.
LIABILITY FOR CONTENT
Lavazza is in no way liable for the content and opinions found on the pages of its members.
When registering, users recognise their own exclusive liability for anything they may include in the site of Lavazza, which is in no way responsible for the conduct of members breaching the terms and conditions of service.
Lavazza appreciates the collaboration of anyone wishing to report any breach of the conditions of use of the community service, or breach of laws in force.
Members are liable for and may be prosecuted in relation to the content of materials (texts and photographs) hosted by Lavazza.
When sending pages to the site of Lavazza, members declare that they will adhere to the rules stated in the conditions of use of the service.
If Lavazza or its affiliates are the target of lawsuits brought by third parties in relation to the conduct or to the way in which the community services are used by a member, they expressly accept to hold Lavazza or the aforementioned affiliates harmless from any damaging effects connected to the legal action and to refund all expenses and pay compensation for all direct or indirect damages.
For any further information regarding use of your personal data, or requests for access, amendment or cancellation, or to object to its use, please contact:
LUIGI LAVAZZA S.p.A.
(Lavazza Customer Service)
VAT number IT00470550013
C.so Novara, 59 - 10154 Turin Italy
Tel. +39 011 2408400
Fax + 39 011 2398333